Monday, January 5, 2009

7 days pre-op

Well, I've developed a cold. My hospital instructions say if you develop any kind of sickness (i.e., a cold) 1 - 2 weeks before surgery, to call them immediately to reschedule your surgery. Instead, I went out and bought homeopathic medicine, chicken soup and ginger root to ambush this cold before it gets bad. So far so good. I also took an epsom salts bath -- which has been a life-saver ever since Ross Stark, a kind of eccentric acupuncturist in Annapolis, told me about it. Soaking for at least 20 minutes in a warm bath with about 4 cups (half of one of those big cartons) of epsom salts in it helps with my hip pain and does wonders for my fibromyalgia pain.

I looked online and found that a lot of other people have had this kind of bad luck -- getting sick so close to surgery. I'm very attached to keeping my surgery date as Monday because my work and performance schedule depends on it. I had no fever when they took my temperature at the rheumatologist's today. I'm hoping to get some good sleep tonight. Please let me be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment